Last Updated on October 3, 2021 by Admin 1
SOA-C01 : AWS-SysOps : Part 03
What are characteristics of Amazon S3? (Choose two.)
- Objects are directly accessible via a URL
- S3 should be used to host a relational database
- S3 allows you to store objects or virtually unlimited size
- S3 allows you to store virtually unlimited amounts of data
- S3 offers Provisioned IOPS
You receive a frantic call from a new DBA who accidentally dropped a table containing all your customers.
Which Amazon RDS feature will allow you to reliably restore your database to within 5 minutes of when the mistake was made?
- Multi-AZ RDS
- RDS snapshots
- RDS read replicas
- RDS automated backup
A media company produces new video files on-premises every day with a total size of around 100 GBS after compression All files have a size of 1 -2 GB and need to be uploaded to Amazon S3 every night in a fixed time window between 3am and 5am Current upload takes almost 3 hours, although less than half of the available bandwidth is used.
What step(s) would ensure that the file uploads are able to complete in the allotted time window?
- Increase your network bandwidth to provide faster throughput to S3
- Upload the files in parallel to S3
- Pack all files into a single archive, upload it to S3, then extract the files in AWS
- Use AWS Import/Export to transfer the video files
You are running a web-application on AWS consisting of the following components an Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) an Auto-Scaling Group of EC2 instances running Linux/PHP/Apache, and Relational DataBase Service (RDS) MySQL.
Which security measures fall into AWS’s responsibility?
- Protect the EC2 instances against unsolicited access by enforcing the principle of least-privilege access
- Protect against IP spoofing or packet sniffing
- Assure all communication between EC2 instances and ELB is encrypted
- Install latest security patches on ELB. RDS and EC2 instances
You use S3 to store critical data for your company Several users within your group currently have lull permissions to your S3 buckets You need to come up with a solution mat does not impact your users and also protect against the accidental deletion of objects.
Which two options will address this issue? (Choose two.)
- Enable versioning on your S3 Buckets
- Configure your S3 Buckets with MFA delete
- Create a Bucket policy and only allow read only permissions to all users at the bucket level
- Enable object life cycle policies and configure the data older than 3 months to be archived in Glacier
An organization’s security policy requires multiple copies of all critical data to be replicated across at least a primary and backup data center. The organization has decided to store some critical data on Amazon S3.
Which option should you implement to ensure this requirement is met?
- Use the S3 copy API to replicate data between two S3 buckets in different regions
- You do not need to implement anything since S3 data is automatically replicated between regions
- Use the S3 copy API to replicate data between two S3 buckets in different facilities within an AWS Region
- You do not need to implement anything since S3 data is automatically replicated between multiple facilities within an AWS Region
You are tasked with setting up a cluster of EC2 Instances for a NoSQL database. The database requires random read I/O disk performance up to a 100,000 IOPS at 4KB block side per node.
Which of the following EC2 instances will perform the best for this workload?
- A High-Memory Quadruple Extra Large (m2.4xlarge) with EBS-Optimized set to true and a PIOPs EBS volume
- A Cluster Compute Eight Extra Large (cc2.8xlarge) using instance storage
- High I/O Quadruple Extra Large (hi1.4xlarge) using instance storage
- A Cluster GPU Quadruple Extra Large (cg1.4xlarge) using four separate 4000 PIOPS EBS volumes in a RAID 0 configuration
When an EC2 EBS-backed (EBS root) instance is stopped, what happens to the data on any ephemeral store volumes?
- Data will be deleted and win no longer be accessible
- Data is automatically saved in an EBS volume.
- Data is automatically saved as an EBS snapshot
- Data is unavailable until the instance is restarted
Your team Is excited about the use of AWS because now they have access to programmable Infrastructure” You have been asked to manage your AWS infrastructure in a manner similar to the way you might manage application code You want to be able to deploy exact copies of different versions of your infrastructure, stage changes into different environments, revert back to previous versions, and identify what versions are running at any particular time (development test QA. production).
Which approach addresses this requirement?
- Use cost allocation reports and AWS Opsworks to deploy and manage your infrastructure.
- Use AWS CloudWatch metrics and alerts along with resource tagging to deploy and manage your infrastructure.
- Use AWS Beanstalk and a version control system like GIT to deploy and manage your infrastructure.
- Use AWS CloudFormation and a version control system like GIT to deploy and manage your infrastructure.
You have a server with a 5O0GB Amazon EBS data volume. The volume is 80% full. You need to back up the volume at regular intervals and be able to re-create the volume in a new Availability Zone in the shortest time possible. All applications using the volume can be paused for a period of a few minutes with no discernible user impact.
Which of the following backup methods will best fulfill your requirements?
- Take periodic snapshots of the EBS volume
- Use a third party Incremental backup application to back up to Amazon Glacier
- Periodically back up all data to a single compressed archive and archive to Amazon S3 using a parallelized multi-part upload
- Create another EBS volume in the second Availability Zone attach it to the Amazon EC2 instance, and use a disk manager to mirror me two disks
Your company Is moving towards tracking web page users with a small tracking
Image loaded on each page Currently you are serving this image out of US-East, but are starting to get concerned about the time It takes to load the image for users on the west coast.
What are the two best ways to speed up serving this image? (Choose two.)
- Use Route 53’s Latency Based Routing and serve the image out of US-West-2 as well as US-East-1
- Serve the image out through CloudFront
- Serve the image out of S3 so that it isn’t being served oft of your web application tier
- Use EBS PIOPs to serve the image faster out of your EC2 instances
If you want to launch Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Instances and assign each Instance a predetermined private IP address you should:
- Assign a group or sequential Elastic IP address to the instances
- Launch the instances in a Placement Group
- Launch the instances in the Amazon virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Use standard EC2 instances since each instance gets a private Domain Name Service (DNS) already
- Launch the Instance from a private Amazon Machine image (Mil)
A customer has a web application that uses cookie Based sessions to track logged in users. It is deployed on AWS using ELB and Auto Scaling. The customer observes that when load increases. Auto Scaling launches new Instances but the load on the easting Instances does not decrease, causing all existing users have a sluggish experience.
Which two answer choices independently describe a behavior that could be the cause of the sluggish user experience? (Choose two.)
- ELB’s normal behavior sends requests from the same user to the same backend instance
- ELB’s behavior when sticky sessions are enabled causes ELB to send requests in the same session to the same backend instance
- A faulty browser is not honoring the TTL of the ELB DNS name
- The web application uses long polling such as comet or websockets. Thereby keeping a connection open to a web server tor a long time
How can the domain’s zone apex for example “myzoneapexdomain com” be pointed towards an Elastic Load Balancer?
- By using an AAAA record
- By using an A record
- By using an Amazon Route 53 CNAME record
- By using an Amazon Route 53 Alias record
An organization has created 5 IAM users. The organization wants to give them the same login ID but different passwords. How can the organization achieve this?
- The organization should create a separate login ID but give the IAM users the same alias so that each one can login with their alias
- The organization should create each user in a separate region so that they have their own URL to login
- It is not possible to have the same login ID for multiple IAM users of the same account
- The organization should create various groups and add each user with the same login ID to different groups. The user can login with their own group ID
A user is planning to evaluate AWS for their internal use. The user does not want to incur any charge on his account during the evaluation. Which of the below mentioned AWS services would incur a charge if used?
- AWS S3 with 1 GB of storage
- AWS micro instance running 24 hours daily
- AWS ELB running 24 hours a day
- AWS PIOPS volume of 10 GB size
A user has developed an application which is required to send the data to a NoSQL database. The user wants to decouple the data sending such that the application keeps processing and sending data but does not wait for an acknowledgement of DB. Which of the below mentioned applications helps in this scenario?
- AWS Simple Notification Service
- AWS Simple Workflow
- AWS Simple Queue Service
- AWS Simple Query Service
An organization has created 50 IAM users. The organization has introduced a new policy which will change the access of an IAM user. How can the organization implement this effectively so that there is no need to apply the policy at the individual user level?
- Use the IAM groups and add users as per their role to different groups and apply policy to group
- The user can create a policy and apply it to multiple users in a single go with the AWS CLI
- Add each user to the IAM role as per their organization role to achieve effective policy setup
- Use the IAM role and implement access at the role level
A user is planning to use AWS Cloud formation for his automatic deployment requirements. Which of the below mentioned components are required as a part of the template?
- Template version
A user has recently started using EC2. The user launched one EC2 instance in the default subnet in EC2-VPC Which of the below mentioned options is not attached or available with the EC2 instance when it is launched?
- Public IP address
- Internet gateway
- Elastic IP
- Private IP address