Last Updated on September 19, 2021 by Admin 2
220-1002 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 2 : Part 18
Joe, a user, is receiving automated replies but does not remember sending any emails to those recipients. He checks the sent items folder and sees email messages he did not send.
Which of the following would be the BEST way to resolve this issue?
- Reset Joe’s email password.
- Set up a rule to delete the automated replies.
- Mark the automated replies as spam.
- Rebuild Joe’s profile.
After purchasing an Ultrabook, Ann, a home user, has a technician come to her home and install an operating system.
Which of the following OS installation methods will the technician MOST likely use?
- Flash drive
- Optical disc
- Cloned drive
While troubleshooting a software error on a user’s computer, a technician finds inappropriate content.
Which of the following should the technician perform FIRST?
- Preserve the data on an external drive.
- Report the discovery through proper channels.
- Document the findings.
- Erase the data and inform the user.
An employee is taking a credit card payment over the phone, but the payment system has a temporary outage. To avoid inconveniencing the customer, the employee writes down the credit card number and expiration date on a notepad to be entered later.
This is in violation of:
Which of the following is an example of PHI?
- Phone number
- Credit card number
- Salary information
- Employer information
Which of the following is MOST likely to be specified as a system requirement for the installation of a photo editing application in Microsoft Windows?
- HDD speed
- RAM quantity
- Network bandwidth
- CPU compatibility
A technician needs to recommend a disaster recovery solution for a company that has three offices across two states. The technician must ensure the solution has:
• The ability to centralize data backups
• High availability
• The ability to synchronize user data to local machines
Which of the following solutions will the technician MOST likely recommend? (Choose two.)
- Cold storage of all corporate data
- Redundant network links
- Hot site
- Servers at each location
- Clustered backups
- Cloud replication
- Local backups
A folder on an NTFS volume has the following permissions enabled for the administrators group: full control, modify, and write. A technician adds a permissions entry to the folder’s security settings, denying the administrators group write and modify access.
Which of the following permissions will the administrators group effectively have? (Choose two.)
- Full control
- Special permissions
A technician encounters a previously unidentified issue. The technician conducts some research, finds a solution, and resolves the issue.
According to best practices, which of the following should the technician do so the issue can be addressed if it is encountered again?
- Inform the immediate supervisor about the findings.
- Email all the other technicians to explain the problem and resolution.
- Enter the resolution in the ticket and close it.
- Add the findings to the knowledge base.
Which of the following filesystem types has native read/write support on all desktop operating systems?
Several mobile users are reporting issues connecting to the WLAN within a warehouse. A technician tests wireless connectivity in the lobby and is able to connect successfully. Mobile users can connect to the Internet using cellular service, but they cannot access any internal resources on the WLAN. The technician received alerts of devices failing throughout the network due to a power outage.
Which of the following is MOST likely causing the wireless issues?
- SSID is configured to not broadcast.
- The system locked out for all wireless users.
- The DHCP scope for WLAN is full.
- The WAP in the warehouse is down.
A user tries to open a client/server application, but a prompt appears for the username and password. The user is able to open and use the email client with no issues. The user’s workstation is a loaner laptop. Everyone at the company is given administrator rights on their individual workstations.
Which of the following is MOST likely preventing the user from running this program?
A technician is working on a computer that has the following symptoms:
• Unable to access the Internet
• Unable to send email
• Network connection (limited or no connectivity)
The technician runs hardware diagnostics on the computer and verifies the computer’s NIC is functioning correctly. The technician attempts to access the Internet and receives the message: page cannot be displayed. The technician runs a command to verify the computer network settings and sees the following information:
IP address: 192.168.0.100 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.0.1 DNS: 192.168.0.1
The technician confirms other computers on the network can access the Internet.
Which of the following is MOST likely causing the issues?
- Rogue antivirus
- Firewall rule
- Proxy settings
A technician is removing malware from a workstation. The malware was installed via a phishing attack, which was initiated from a link that was included in an email.
Which of the following should the technician do to address this issue? (Choose two.)
- Ensure the anti-rootkit utility is up to date and run it to remove the threat.
- Update the host firewall to block port 80 on the workstation.
- Restore the system using the last known-good configuration from the recovery console.
- Ensure antivirus is up to date and install the latest patches.
- Educate the user on verifying email links by hovering over them before clicking.
- Ensure endpoint protection is up to date and run the utility to remove the threat.
A technician needs to manage a Linux workstation remotely. This workstation contains highly sensitive data, and therefore, it must be accessed in the most secure method possible.
Which of the following technologies should the technician use to manage this system?
Which of the following should be replaced after a voltage spike?
- Surge suppressor
- Battery backup
- Power supply
- Electrical cable
A technician is working on an infected computer that is currently turned off. The technician is concerned the boot sector is affected.
Which of the following is the BEST method for the technician to use to scan the boot sector?
- Mount the drive using a forensic platform.
- Boot into safe mode.
- Boot to last known good configuration.
- Boot the drive in another computer.
An administrator wants to search a file on a Linux server for the plus symbol (+).
Which of the following will the administrator MOST likely use?
A user in a SOHO wants to allow Joe, a remote technician, to connect securely to the user’s workstation. Joe informs the user that the VPN was successful, but he still cannot connect.
Which of the following settings in the SOHO router MOST likely need to be adjusted?
A computer running Windows 7 has an icon that has the appearance of an unlocked padlock with a yellow warning graphic.
This icon advises the user that:
- BitLocker is operating on the system but not for the user.
- BitLocker has locked the drive, and it is no longer accessible.
- BitLocker is suspended, and the drive is no longer encrypted.
- BitLocker has encountered an error, and the user should run the check disk utility.